When a child is injured, a family becomes focused on doing everything possible to help the child recover as fully as possible. Some injuries may be things of the past after a time of healing. Other injuries will mean a lifetime of disability. Rehabilitation and therapy will give both the child and the parents the tools for maximum recovery and coping skills.
Common causes and circumstances behind many child injuries include the following:
- Playground injuries
- Other fall injuries
- Burns involving explosions, frying pan grease, car crashes and flammable clothing
- Dog bites and other animal attacks
- Sports injuries
- Injuries occurring on school field trips, on scout camping trips and at day camps
- Injuries resulting from medical mistakes, such as brain and nerve injury due to meningitis that was diagnosed too late to treat it successfully
- Injuries caused by dangerous toys and other defective products
- School bus-related injuries, including broken bones, brain injury, spinal cord injury or fatality
The challenge for personal injury attorneys representing injured children is to help ensure that compensation is sufficient to cover costs realistically:
- Medical treatment, including provisions for plastic surgery or other corrective surgery
- Necessary medical equipment (such as a wheel chair), including planned replacements as a child grows and over a lifetime
- Home remodeling or outfitting that may be necessary, such as bars installed in bathrooms and elsewhere
- Special education as needed
- Compensation for damages that parents incur such as medical expenses and loss of their child's services
- Compensation for pain and suffering
Contact Us — Free Consultations
Was your child injured in an accident at home, at work, in traffic or at a playground? Allow our Georgia personal injury attorneys to explain how we can help your family receive compensation to help your son or daughter both now and over a lifetime.
Take up the fight. Contact a personal injury lawyer at Watkins, Lourie, Roll & Chance, PC to schedule a consultation.
Find out about successful cases we have handled.