Auto accidents are among the most common cause of death among Americans. Every year, tens of thousands of Americans are killed in these accidents. Most tragically, many of these accidents are avoidable. In Georgia, one particularly dangerous stretch for motorists is Interstate 75 (I-75). This highway runs north to south along the US 41 corridor on the western side of the state, passing through the cities of Valdosta, Macon, and Atlanta.
At Watkins, Lourie, Roll & Chance, PC, our car accident lawyers fight for the innocent victims of negligence and misconduct. If you've been hurt in an accident, we want to talk to you about your legal options. If you've suffered a car accident in the Atlanta area and need an experienced auto accident lawyer, please call us at (404) 662-3552 for a free consultation.
- Why Choose Our Atlanta Car Accident Attorneys?
- Common Car Accident Injuries
- Compensation We Can Pursue
- Common Auto Accident Causes
- Types of Car Accidents
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Protecting Yourself and Your Family
Why Choose Our Atlanta Car Accident Attorneys?
We understand that you have a number of options while searching for a car accident lawyer. Atlanta is a massive city, and there are numerous personal injury firms that can handle a car wreck case. Our auto accident attorneys are uniquely equipped to offer you the skilled legal representation you deserve in the aftermath of your wreck. Our firm offers:
- Collective decades of experience. Our partners have worked together since founding the firm in 1997 when they came together after spending years practicing law in a significant diversity of case areas.
- Proven experience with successful car accident litigation.
- The ability to work with our clients to find them the expert medical care they need and deserve.
- Individualized attention that recognizes the importance of your case.
- Clear, consistent communication with our clients.
- Free consultations so that we can discuss the details of your case and advise you whether or not legal action is appropriate for you.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Our Atlanta injury lawyers have witnessed firsthand the devastating physical effects of auto accidents. When two large vehicles crash into each other at high speed, those inside the vehicles are placed in an extraordinarily dangerous situation. That’s why avoiding negligence and misconduct is so important. And it's why we believe so passionately in pursuing justice and compensation for those injured in accidents caused by someone else's mistakes.
Our injury lawyers have a tremendous depth of experience in helping accident victims who have suffered costly catastrophic personal injuries. We understand that the injuries you suffer in car accidents are rarely eliminated with a hospital stay and can linger and affect you for years while your medical bills continue to escalate.
At Watkins, Lourie, Roll & Chance, PC, we have experience helping victims who have suffered:
- Burn injuries
- Brain injuries
- Neck, back and spine injuries
- Broken bones
- Significant skin loss
We can help even if your specific injury is not mentioned here. You should call us as soon as possible after your accident to arrange your free consultation.
Compensation Our auto accident lawyers Can Pursue
Car accident injuries are not just physical in nature. Our injury lawyers know that you'll likely spend much of your life dealing with the medical expenses resulting from the injuries you suffered in your accident. That's why it's so important that you pursue compensation while you have a chance to do so.
Our injury lawyers can fight for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral expenses (in wrongful death cases)
Of course, the compensation available to you will be determined by the specific circumstances of your case. No injury lawyer can promise you a specific verdict or monetary settlement. But by choosing our firm, you guarantee yourself skilled, experienced and passionate representation.
Common Car Accident Causes
Driving a car is such a significant portion of most people's lives that we tend to forget how complicated and sensitive a task it is. Safely operating a motor vehicle requires constant attention and a firm knowledge of safety rules.
Unfortunately, you can do everything right and still find yourself in a damaging accident as a result of someone else's negligence. Our auto accident lawyers are ready to help if this happens to you. Some of the main causes of car accidents include:
- Drunk Driving: These accident lawsuits rely on hard evidence and documentation. Be sure to report the accident to police, take ample photos, request copies of all documentation, seek medical attention immediately, and speak to our attorneys as soon as possible.
- Texting and distracted driving: One of the most common causes of accidents is distracted driving. This includes someone talking or texting on a cell phone, changing stations on the radio, reading, applying make-up, brushing teeth, or shaving, or fiddling with GPS devices.
- Harmful Negligence: Most of the time an auto accident has a specific, tangible cause. And while that cause varies from accident to accident, the root of these wrecks is almost always some form of negligence.
- Urban Driving: Our auto accident lawyers also see a number of accidents that take place within the city of Atlanta itself, in close quarters and at relatively low speeds. Some dangers on Atlanta's streets include distractions, pedestrians, and sudden changes in flow of traffic.
Types of Car Accidents
Atlanta's streets and highways are famously busy. Navigating them takes patience and caution from everyone involved. When you drive legally with respect for everyone else on the road, you have a right to expect that your fellow drivers will do the same.
Our auto accident lawyers have decades of experience investigating wrecks to determine their true cause. Accident scene investigation is a critical component of any car accident case and we leave no stone unturned in our pursuit of justice. Our firm sends an engineer and accident reconstructionist to the accident scene immediately to investigate physical evidence such as skid marks and crush damage to the vehicles.
Some of the most common accident types include:
- T-Bone accidents: These accidents often occur at intersections at a variety of angles and can cause extremely serious damage.
- Rear end collisions: A rear end collision can be as minor as a fender bender, a more serious accident causing whiplash, or even a catastrophic accident resulting in wrongful death.
- Rollover accidents: A rollover accident almost always results in some form of serious personal injury. Often rollover accidents happen to individuals driving SUVs that are more likely to roll over than other cars due to a high center of gravity.
What to Do After an auto Accident
At Watkins, Lourie, Roll & Chance, PC, we've seen victims lose opportunities at justice and compensation as a result of the actions they took after their car accident. Those moments after an accident are crucial and will likely play a significant role in any future legal action you might take. That's why our lawyers urge you to take a few simple steps after an accident. There are no guarantees in personal injury litigation but these steps can play a huge role in protecting your rights.
After a car accident, you should always:
- Seek medical attention: This is even true if you feel fine after a minor accident, as some injuries take time to manifest themselves. If an ambulance was called to the scene, allow the EMTs to examine you. If not, go the hospital or your doctor and get yourself checked out.
- Document everything: The law is all about evidence. Get copies of police accident reports, medical records, and insurance records generated after your accident.
- Photograph everything: Photographs are often crucially important and hard, visual evidence is crucial in most types of cases, particularly in accident claims. Try to take as many photos of the accident scene as possible. Photograph the cars and the surrounding environment, especially any damage to the surrounding environment.
- Don't sign anything from an insurance company: The insurance company might come to you with a settlement offer after your accident. The prospect of immediate cash is alluring when you're facing extensive medical bills. However, the settlement might not be in your best interest.
- Speak to your lawyers: You won't know if you have a potential legal action without speaking to a car accident lawyer who is familiar with the intricacies of the law. When you speak to us at a free initial consultation, we will discuss your case and help you decide if legal action is right for you.
Protecting Yourself and Your Family
It's important to have a comprehensive understanding of your responsibilities when behind the wheel of your car. It will keep you safe and protect you from legal liability. But you can only control your own actions. Driving responsibly is an excellent way of ensuring that the other driver, and not you, will be held liable for any accidents you might suffer on the roads.
There are countless specific laws and traffic rules that must be followed on the road. But these are your general responsibilities:
- Follow all laws, rules, and posted road signs
- Give the road your full attention
- Never drive drunk. And remember: buzzed drinking is drunk driving.
- Share the road with motorcycles, commercial trucks, bicycles, and pedestrians
Following these guidelines may not prevent a negligent driver from causing an accident, but if you drive responsibly, you will have the law and the facts on your side, and our car accident lawyers will be in an excellent position to help you.
Contact an Experienced Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer
We have a track record of putting our clients' needs first and protecting their interests. When you've been hurt in a car accident, you deserve nothing less than the best possible personal injury firm. We are committed to pursuing all avenues of compensation on your behalf.
If you’ve suffered an injury and you want to speak to an experienced car accident lawyer about your accident, please call Watkins, Lourie, Roll & Chance, PC today at (404) 662-3552 for a free consultation. We will use our experience and knowledge to help you through this troubling time. We proudly serve Atlanta, Savannah, Columbus, Decatur, Augusta, and nearby areas of Georgia.
Featured Car Accident Verdicts & Settlements
Car Accident Litigation Results