Veteran Atlanta Improper Signage and Road Design Flaw Injury Lawyers
The Atlanta law firm of Watkins, Lourie, Roll & Chance, PC, represents individuals and families who have suffered losses in accidents caused by design flaws or negligent maintenance of a street, road or highway.
Common Types of Highway Defects
- Road shoulder drop-off — If a driver should happen to leave the roadway and attempt to get back on, a large drop-off from the roadway to the shoulder can cause the driver to lose control of the vehicle. In the worst-case scenario, the driver crosses the center line and runs into oncoming traffic.
- Water pooling — Water pooling may be caused by defective highway design or by nearby construction activity that causes water to drain onto the road. Water pooling leads to hydroplaning of the vehicle's tires, which causes the driver to lose control.
Other causes of accidents — Other examples of highway defect or poorly maintained roads include:
- Uneven pavement
- Failure to install guardrails
- Objects left on the roadway
- Visual obstructions
- Improper signage
- Broken "train crossing" signals
- Improper slopes and grades that allow water to pool
- Insufficient tapering of merging lanes on entrance and exit ramps
- Construction debris left on the road
- Storm water runoff
- Untrimmed foliage hiding signs and signals
- Construction zone accidents involving work vehicles improperly entering and exiting work sites
Did Dangerous Road Conditions Cause Your Accident? Here's What You Should Know.
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident that was caused by the condition of the road, the most important thing you can do is to hire a lawyer immediately. We know from experience that Department of Traffic (DOT) crews are quickly dispatched to the scene of fatal accidents. If evidence of the defect or lack of maintenance is not preserved through photographs, the road will be fixed and you will lose the evidence you need to prove your case.
- "When we approached this agency, we were lost and heartbroken and really didn’t know which way to turn. Enter Rob Roll. From the moment we first spoke to Rob, he took us by the hand and walked us through the process. I would very highly recommend this agency and Rob Roll specifically. I’m very grateful for him" - M.D.
- "A dedicated, passionate, talented and super smart team of attorneys & paralegals. Wonderful office staff as well! We would 100% use them again if we needed and would highly recommend them to others. Great people!" - J.W.
- "Great Attorneys who truly care about the people they are representing. I would definately recommend this law firm if you are in need of some truly caring, professional and understanding attorneys. We can never thank them enough." - P.H.
Contact Us — Free Consultations
Have you been injured on any of the following Georgia highways? US 129, GA 44, I-75, I-20, I-520 or I-95. Take up the fight. Contact a highway defect liability lawyer at Watkins, Lourie, Roll & Chance, PC. We represent clients throughout Georgia including Atlanta, Savannah, Columbus, Augusta as well as Chattanooga, TN.
Find out about successful cases we have handled.