What Kind of Experts are Typically Needed in Birth Injury Cases?

Representing Clients In Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Macon, Savannah, Gainesville & Throughout Georgia

Transcript: Cases involving injuries to babies are highly complex. Typically, we would start the process of reviewing such a case in-house with the assistance of our full-time labor and delivery nurse. If we thought that we had a case and we needed to get an expert review from a medical doctor or another type of expert, then we would start with an obstetrician, someone who delivers babies for a living. And we would probably also get an outside review by a labor and delivery nurse. Beyond that, we may need a perinatologist, someone who handles high-risk pregnancies. We may need a placental pathologist. We may need a neurologist. We may need a lifecare planner and an economist. So it takes a full team to properly pursue a birth injury case.