Medical malpractice cases require insight into two exceptionally complicated areas: law and medicine. When you've suffered an injury as a result of a medical professional's negligence, you want to find a medical malpractice lawyer who understands the complex medical issues involved.
Watkins, Lourie, Roll & Chance, PC offers just such understanding. Our personal injury lawyers have established themselves as some of Atlanta's finest medical malpractice attorneys.
We've grown to understand the medicine, and we've forged deep connections with recognized medical experts who can help us analyze your case and establish what went wrong.
If you've been hurt in Columbus, Decatur, or anywhere in the Atlanta, Georgia area and you need an experienced medical malpractice lawyer, please call Watkins, Lourie, Roll & Chance, PC today at 404-760-7400 for a free consultation.
What Are The Grounds For A Medical Malpractice Claim?
We place a lot of trust in medical professionals. And in many instances, we literally trust them with our lives. Doctors and nurses have difficult jobs, and most of them are ethical, committed professionals. The law has long recognized that a tragic outcome does not, by itself, qualify as medical malpractice.
However, medical professionals are still capable of making unacceptable mistakes, and those mistakes tend to result in devastating injuries to innocent patients.
Medical malpractice law revolves around the concept of "standards of care." A standard of care is an accepted method of treatment or prevention that a reasonably competent medical professional would be expected to follow in a given set of circumstances. Failure to follow a standard of care is often a form of negligence and is grounds for a medical malpractice claim.
You shouldn't try to determine on your own if your case qualifies as medical malpractice. Speak to us at a free consultation and give us the opportunity to evaluate your claim.
Types of Medical Malpractice Cases
Every medical malpractice claim is unique, and the compensation you can pursue will be determined by the specific circumstances of your case. And no medical malpractice attorney can promise you a specific result.
However, our specialized experience has proven invaluable for many clients, and finding the right lawyer will greatly help your case. We have helped clients who have been hurt by:
We understand your particular set of circumstances might not fall under one of the general case types listed above. Our medical malpractice attorneys still want to talk to you about your injuries. We'll connect you with proven, recognized doctors who can evaluate your injuries, advise us on the important medical details of your case and help you find the proper treatment.
If you live in Columbus, Decatur, or anywhere in the Atlanta, Georgia area and you've been victimized by medical malpractice, our attorneys can help. Please contact Watkins, Lourie, Roll & Chance, PC for a free consultation.
Featured Medical Malpractice Verdicts & Settlements
- $6,200,000 settlement for the failure to diagnose and treat bacterial meningitis resulting in brain injury to teenage child.
- $6,100,000 verdict for spinal cord injury caused by negligent epidural injection.
- $5,500,000 settlement for the failure to diagnose and treat cervical fractures with resulting quadriplegia.
- $3,500,000 settlement for the failure to diagnose and treat bacterial meningitis resulting in death.
- $2,800,000 settlement for the failure to diagnose malpositioned spinal hardware and consequent infection resulting in quadriplegia.
- $2,650,000 settlement for client who suffers from anoxic brain injury due to failure to diagnose and treat respiratory distress.
- $2,198,500 settlement for the failure to diagnose and treat impending myocardial infarction resulting in death.
- $2,085,000 settlement for the failure to diagnose and treat bacterial meningitis resulting in death.
- $2,000,000 settlement for the failure to diagnose and treat encephalitis resulting in permanent disability.
- $2,000,000 settlement for the failure to diagnose and treat impending myocardial infarction resulting in death.
- $1,900,000 settlement for the failure to recognize and treat mental illness resulting in suicide.
- $1,600,000 settlement for client whose wife died from TB meningitis.
- $1,300,000 settlement for the failure to timely deliver baby by c-section resulting in brain injury.
- $1,200,000 settlement for the failure to diagnose meningitis that led to the death of a 19 year old man.